Rapid Recovery Service has certified and experienced mold remediation experts available to quickly evaluate, test, estimate, contain, and remediate mold, mildew, and fungus that may appear in your home, office or commercial building.
It is essential to remember mold resulting from water damage or a lack of proper ventilation is progressive. That is why “Timely” action must be taken by homeowners when the water damage occurs or mold is first noticed. The longer water flows or wet, damp, dark conditions exist, mold will colonize and absorb into building materials, resulting in a greater recovery problem. Merely stopping the source of the incoming water does not stop further water damage and often causes secondary damage which may be excluded on most typical homeowner insurance policies.
Common moisture problems include:
- Leaking roofs.
- Leaking or condensing water pipes, especially pipes inside wall cavities or pipe chases.
- Leaking fire-protection sprinkler systems.
- Landscaping, gutters, and downspouts that direct water into or under a building.
- High humidity (> 60% relative humidity).
- Unvented combustion appliances such as clothes dryers vented into a garage. (Clothes dryers and other combustion appliances should be vented to the outside.)
Some moisture problems are not easy to see. For example, the inside of walls where pipes and wires are run (pipe chases and utility tunnels) are common sites of mold growth. Mold is frequently found on walls in cold corners behind furniture where condensation forms. Other possible locations of hidden moisture, resulting in hidden mold growth are:
- Poorly draining condensate drain pains inside air handling units.
- Porous thermal or acoustic liners inside the ductwork.
- Roof materials above ceiling tiles.
- The back side of drywall (also known as gypsum board, wallboard, or SHEETROCK®), paneling, and wallpaper.
- The underside of carpets and pads.
You may suspect mold, even if you can’t see it if a building smells moldy. You may also suspect hidden mold if you know there has been a water problem in the building and its occupants are reporting health problems.
If you want to be sure – Call Rapid Recovery Service to come out and provide you with a mold test.